Portland Bloggers has planned more than a dozen events and at nearly every event we hear people talking about the blogger business card. Discussions about the cards typically range from, “I just got in my new cards!” to “Should I include my phone number on my cards?” to “Do YOU put your social sites on your card?”
Our next event is a Blogger Speed Networking event (March 8– tickets on sale now!) and business cards are sure to be in the spotlight for this event. We have gathered together a few tips for what to include on a blogger business card and are excited to share the tips along with a special deal from Moo.com for event ticket holders.
Four Things to Put on Your Blogger Business Card
1. Name: Some might think that this one is silly to put on the list… But, a lot if bloggers actually forget (or forego) putting their name on their business card opting to only list their blog name. Because blog business cards are handed out when meeting people face to face having your name on your card increases the likelihood someone will remember you. Don’t forget to include your blog name as well, but let people get to know YOU by including your name on the card.
2. Branding: Do you have a logo? A color scheme? A specific photo that just SCREAMS your blog? Use that sort of branding to help connect your card to your blog.
3. Ways to Connect: Do you really need to have ALL of your social media connections on your card? No. However, it is nice to include one that you use often (Twitter and Instagram are current favorites for blogger cards) so people can connect with you online immediately. Don’t forget to include your website URL and a contact email address as well.
4. Something to Remember: This is becoming more and more popular with bloggers… include something on your card to help people remember you. It can be as simple as your photo on your card so that a person can connect your face with that really cool blogger they met that one time. Some other ideas include attaching your card to a small gift that relates to your blog, including recipes or how-tos on your cards, adding in quotes or photos on your cards to make them instantly into a piece of art.
Woohoo!!! We are working with Moo!
MOO.COM is offering a 15% discount to ticket holders of the Portland Bloggers Speed Networking Event. Purchase your ticket and get the discount code today by visiting the event page.
Even more about Moo: MOO.COM helps you easily create professional looking (and feeling) Business Cards, Greeting Cards, Stickers and more using your own designs and logo, or choose from a range of MOO designed templates. MOO and Portland Bloggers have teamed up to give you 15% off all printed products to help you promote your blog.
* Full color printing, on both sides of the card
* Premium quality, 16pt paper stock
* With Printfinity, put a different image on every item in a pack <—— We think this is incredibly cool! What a great way to make people remember you… include different photos, quotes, artworks, recipes on several cards. People will want to collect them all!