One of the reasons we started Portland Bloggers was because there were really no venues for local bloggers to get together to discuss blogging, to network, or to learn to develop their craft. We’re happy to say that in the past four years of Portland Bloggers that has changed completely! Not only do we offer opportunities for local bloggers… but, so there are so many new opportunities coming up for bloggers to get together and learn! One of those events that we’re excited to introduce to you is the Press Publish conference that is happening this upcoming March 28!
Press Publish is a one-day conference featuring inspiring WordPress bloggers and the people behind WordPress.com
While this conference does feature WordPress bloggers and the people behind WordPress… it isn’t just for WordPress users. It is a conference for ALL bloggers! In addition to the ticket each attendee will receive a 1-year subscription to the WordPress.com Premium upgrade, a $99 value, that you can use on any WordPress.com blog. Which makes this discount an absolute steal!
AMAZING Discount Code
And, because we can’t wait to tell you any longer… they are giving us an AMAZING discount! They are offering tickets for just $30 (down from $150!) for Portland Bloggers who purchase after this date with the coupon code pdxbloggers30.
Highlights of the Press Publish Portland Event:
There are so many fun classes at this conference. Hop on over to the Press Publish site to check out their schedule of events. In the meantime… here are some highlights:
- Friday night there is a social event for attendees AND local bloggers who can’t make it on Saturday. Yep, that is right… even if you can’t make it Saturday you’ll have the opportunity to come network at the welcome mixer. Enjoy storytelling brought to you by Longreads along with libations and snacks. Attendees of the conference will also be able to pick up their attendee packet to save time on Saturday morning. Please RSVP here!
- Speakers galore! Oh boy, oh boy… I’m so excited to hear many of the speakers talk on a variety of subjects including:
- Ananda Leeke from founder of the Digital Sisterhood Network— “Blogging for Obama” She’ll be talking about how she became the social media leader of the White House and about how to make the most of an opportunity.
- Kelly Bejelly from A Girl Worth Saving is speaking on a couple of different topics including “From Blog to Business” and in the panel on “Going Pro.”
- Several speakers on going from Blog to Book (Something many of us are interested in!)
- An interview and Q&A with Ariel Stallings of Offbeat Empire on how she went from personal blogger to running a network of successful lifestyle sites.
- A Happiness Lounge staffed by WordPress.com Happiness Engineers ready to help you with any questions you may have about making the most of WordPress on your blog.
Press Publish is an Automattic production. Automattic is the company behind WordPress.com, the simplest, most secure way to start web publishing immediately on the open source WordPress platform. In addition to WordPress.com Automattic provides a variety of products & services for self-hosted WordPress sites including Jetpack, VaultPress and Longreads.
That’s not all… how about a giveaway!?
If we are not excited enough about this event… here is something to get you even more excited— A giveaway! The great people at PressPublish are giving away 3 tickets to local bloggers. This is a very quick giveaway that begins Friday, March 14 and ends end of day Sunday, March 17. This giveaway is for those who have not purchased tickets already. If you have purchased and enter and win you are allowed to give the ticket away to a blogging buddy!